
It's been some time since my last post. I have so much going on and am not really sure which direction I should go in.
Since my last post I attended and graduated BNCOC and civil affairs school. I went back to school which I'll be completing this semester and I took the LSAT- I scored a 152. I'll be finishing my BA with a 3.3 GPA at my graduating institution and about a 3.0 overall.
My marks are less than impressive. While there isn't much I can do for my GPA, I can help my LSAT score. I feel as though I performed badly on the exam because I allowed problems in my personal life to interfere with my exam.
There's another soldier in my battalion who took the same day I did; he scored a 161. He's planning on taking the exam in June. Even though he lives in San Diego he's offered to drive to LA for study sessions. I'm not sure if I should bother retaking it.
I'm also planning on going back to work. I've published my website and retrieved my marketing materials from storage. I have not sent out any mailers or made any office visits.
I also may have an opportunity to attend Arabic language training this summer. I would earn approximately $60k over 64 weeks. Additionally, the program would increase my eligibility for veterans benefits to the extent law school would be essentially paid for.
I've been so busy trying to catch up with school since I missed so much while I was away at civil affairs school. However, after this weekend, I hope to be completely caught up and have my law school applications finished.
In addition to school, I'm not really sure if I should focus on retaking the exam or work. While a better score on the test could prove valuable for the winter, spring, or following year, it wouldn't help with fall admissions.
1 comment:
You did well. I'm proud of you!
Post a Comment